Sometimes this thing called life happens, and you just don’t have time to cook. This recipe is perfect for those occasions as it’s quick, easy and delicious. It’s inspired by a Campbell’s soup recipe, but I’ve added my own personal touches.
QUICK AND EASY CHICKEN AND DUMPLINGS
- 1 can cream of potato soup
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon poultry seasoning
- 1 teaspoon salt (optional)
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 packaged frozen broccoli, cauliflower and carrots, defrosted and chopped
- 2 – 3 chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 1 packaged refrigerated buttermilk biscuits
Preheat oven to 350° and defrost vegetables in the microwave. Once defrosted, chop into smaller pieces and set aside. Cut chicken breasts into small cubes, 1/2 to 1 inch in diameter, and grill in a saute pan over medium heat. While chicken is cooking blend soups, milk and seasonings in a 9 x 13 1/2 inch baking dish. Add vegetables and blend. Once the chicken is cooked all the way through add it to the soup mixture and blend. Place in oven and bake for 15 minutes
While the chicken is backing pop open the biscuits, separate, and slice each biscuit into quarters. After chicken has baked for 15 minutes remove from the oven. Carefully arrange biscuit pieces over the top of the soup and chicken mixture, and place it back in oven. Bake for an additional 15 minutes, or until the biscuits are golden brown. Serve.