I got this recipe years ago from a friend of a friend, at whose home I once had Christmas dinner. She served the most delicious salad with her meal, and she was happy to write down her recipe for me. It’s economical and oh so simple to make. Add chicken or shrimp and make it a meal.
Asian Cabbage Salad
- 1 head cabbage, (green or red) shredded
- 1 package Ramen Oriental flavor soup
- 4 to 6 stalks green onions, chopped
- 1 small package sliced almonds
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sesame seeds
Place cabbage, green onions and almonds in a salad bowl. Break ramen noodles into small pieces and place on a baking dish. Add sesame seeds and toast in broiler until the noodles turn golden brown and crisp. Add to salad mixture.
- 3 to 4 tablespoons rice vinegar
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 3 tablespoons sugar
- ramen soup seasoning packet
- salt and pepper
Blend all ingredients together in a small mixing bowl. Pour over salad mixture and toss.